Monday, December 17, 2007

SPITTING OUT TEETH OBLIGATORY BI-MONTHLY LIVEJOURNAL-ESQUE POST

As many of you may have noticed, I've been pretty half-assed with the posts on here lately. A YouTube video here, a link there...pretty shameful stuff. The easy answer would be to say that it's the end of the year, I posted my "Best of 2007" list early (a bit too early maybe) and that because of the upcoming holidays, there really isn't much news to report. The honest answer, however, is that I've been completely lazy and unmotivated.

Ok, that isn't completely true. Here's what I've been up to lately:
  • Going to work everyday at my increasingly irritating day job
  • Working on getting my own post-metal/dark ambient radio show on WOMM 105.9 The Radiator
  • Watching every Fassbinder movie I can get my hands on (read: Netflix or download)
  • Drinking copious amounts of red wine (I have some great recommendations for the next wine reviews post)
  • Putting myself even further into massive credit card debt buying holiday gifts for my loved ones.
Seems fairly productive. But here's what I haven't been doing:
  • Updating this damned blog
  • Working on the Solah LP and/or The LeDuo EP
  • Editing my cousin's wedding video
  • Leaving the house and spending time with my friends
I don't know if I'm in an early winter depression or what, but I've been a big fat sack of worthless for a couple weeks now. I'm hoping that my upcoming 17 day (!!!) break from work will help remedy all of the aforementioned issues. In fact, as a further motivator, if I don't have at least one new Solah track posted on this site by January 7th, I give you full right to spit on me when you see me in public. Not just a lame dry lipped spit or one of those snake-like spits with the glands under your tongue (what is that called? in school I think we referred to it as "yanging"). I'm talking full-out, throat-clearing loogie. Right in my face.

So, yeah, that's it. If anyone else has an early-winter rant, feel free to post a comment below.

1 comment:

Tanner M. said...

i'm gonna go out of my way to develop a severe chest cold. I'm talkin serious bronchial necrosis.