Saturday, August 25, 2007

BOB DYLAN, THE ROLLING STONES AND....ANIMAL COLLECTIVE?

Here's the trailer for Todd Haynes' new Dylan meta-biopic, "I'm Not There"



Still don't know I'm "there" yet on this one...

And here's the trailer for Martin Scorsese's new documentary on the Stones, "Shine A Light"--



Uggh....why couldn't he just have used the "No Direction Home" formula and focused on the Stones in their prime, instead of an elderly Mick grinding with Christina Aquillera? A further reminder of why Keith is my favorite Stone.

And last but not least--the video for the first single off of Animal Collective's new album, "Peacebone". Warning--this is a pretty messed up & creepy video.



Enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I haven't really come around to the new Animal Collective yet, although that recent Panda Bear is fucking fantastic.

jay said...

Same here...while I like "Peacebone", the rest of the album just doesn't stick with me the way "Sung Tongs" and "Feels" did. I don't know if it's because the songs are weaker or that I'm just getting sick of the AC "formula".

The Panda Bear album was great. The Avey & Kria album could> have been great....

Anonymous said...

So many could have beens....

You gonna go see 'em in Montreal? I don't think I even want to.

jay said...

I want to, just because I know they probably won't play anything off of Strawberry Jam (they're notorious for playing only older songs & unreleased future songs on tour). I doubt I'm going to be able to make the show though.

I have a pretty packed concert schedule for September already--Zach Galifianakis, Feist, Grizzly Bear/Beach House, Akron/Family....not to mention the shows I will be playing at myself. I guess if the summer has to end, it might as well go out on a "high note" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*lame*.

Anonymous said...

Uh...

Good one.

jay said...

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Anonymous said...

That's okay. It's your blog. Pun away.