Monday, August 06, 2007

SPITTING OUT TEETH SUMMER POLL - THE PUBLIC HAS SPOKEN


Tanner, you'd better hit the tanning bed and score a Lady Schick...you're about to pull a Rusty DeWees. I'm seeing frightening images of blinding white skin and a strategically placed Bernese Mountain dog...sorry Jenny.

Beyond McCuin flesh, it looks like there is some interest in more album downloads and local concert reviews. I am happy to oblige with both. I have some great hard-to-find doom drone and psych rock albums that I would like to share; I'll try to get them up this week. Along with the album downloads, I'm going to start including links to sites where you can buy the CD and/or vinyl of the album online, as well as a link to Pure Pop's "Special Orders" page which is where you should really be buying this stuff. Remember, if you like an album and plan on listening to it more than once, it's not only good to buy the album to support the artist and local record stores, but you also get to enjoy the cover art, the higher quality recording, and the sheer capitalist joy of ownership.

As for local concerts, I will be attending quite a few shows in the next month or so (Feist, Grizzly Bear, Okkervil River, Zach Galifianakis, etc.) and I will be sure to post my thoughts and maybe some pictures.

Thanks to those of you who took the time to participate in the poll!

No comments: