Thursday, September 13, 2007

APOLOGIES TO SMOKE

I received an e-mail this morning from Brian Halloran asking me to remove the Smoke album downloads from the site. I thought the albums were out-of-print, but apparently they are available at cdbaby.com, so go there and buy them because they are incredible albums.

I must say it was the kindest & most rational artist response to someone sharing their music that I've ever seen--he just requested that I not share the entire album, and that if I continued to do so he wasn't going to press the issue any further. Pretty refreshing attitude in the days of paranoia in the music industry.

But I decided to just remove the links completely and to encourage you to buy the full albums because they are worth every penny. Pure Pop folks, if you're reading this, you should be stocking these albums. And if you haven't watched the "Benjamin Smoke" documentary yet, go rent it from Waterfront right now.

No comments: