Monday, February 19, 2007

SONIC YOUTH & GREEN MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL

Last night's Sonic Youth show at Higher Ground was incredible. Despite being together for 20+ years and some members being in their early 50's, they still can rock with the best of them. And best of all, they haven't lost any of their passion for experimentation.

I will write up a more thorough review tonight. But I must say the highlight of the show was that I was finally able to meet fellow bloggers Tanner and JB. Incredibly nice guys & disarmingly handsome to boot--it was great to meet you both!

In other news, I learned from the False 45th blog that the Green Mountain Film Festival is just around the corner. There is a great lineup of films this year, and I was psyched to learn that one of my favorite filmmakers, Albert Maysles, will be there for Q&A following the screenings of several of his films--including my personal favs "Gimme Shelter" and "Grey Gardens".

UPDATE: Sorry I've been so lazy about getting my full review of the show up...but I promise it will be up tonight. So get off my back Casey! :) Also, I've been inspired by my ol' buddy Filmbrain at his wonderful film blog Like Anna Karina's Sweater to start doing a weekly trivia game (maybe every Friday). Who knows, maybe there will even be prizes? More to come....

2 comments:

the le duo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the le duo said...

ah, shucks...you're cute, too!