Thursday, July 26, 2007

EBAY (AKA: THE REASON WHY I AM POOR)

Ah, eBay...you wonderful, horrible invention of man! It's like the world's biggest yard sale, but it takes credit cards and you can't take home your junk right away. Also like a yard sale, you end up buying a lot of stuff that you want but don't necessarily need.

I've been on a big vinyl kick lately (who hasn't?) as well as a big free-jazz kick (thanks JB), so it's not a surprise that I'm currently bidding on a lot of avant jazz vinyl. Here's what I'm currently in the running for:

John Coltrane, "Ascension" (original mono release)



Pharoah Sanders, "Karma" (original Impulse release)



Pharoah Sanders, "Thembi"
(this is the one Sonny Sharrock played on)




Outbid me and your ass is mine!!! :)

I'm also watching (only WATCHING, mind you) this little guy....


Damn you eBay and your vile material temptations!!!

2 comments:

the le duo said...

is 'ascension' version 1 or 2? they recorded two & then released one- but then trane didnt like it so they stopped production & released the second version...

jay said...

I believe it's version 2...but I'm not positive. Never understood what he didn't like about version 1.