Sunday, May 06, 2007

JAY STEALS GREG'S IDEA & LISTS HIS FAVORITE ALBUMS OF THE WEEK

Leonard Cohen, "Songs of Leonard Cohen"; "Songs of Love & Hate" (remastered)
Can, "Tago Mago" (remastered)
Sly & The Family Stone, "Stand", "There's A Riot Going On" (remastered)
The Rolling Stones, "Get Your Ya-Ya's Out" (remastered)

(2007 is really the year of the "remastered" album, isn't it? A clever idea to get CD sales back up...and it's working)


Yoko Ono, "Season of Glass"
Oak, "EP 1 & 2"
Uncle Woody Sullender & Kevin Davis, "The Tempest Is Over"
Ravi Shankar, "Live at Monterey"
The Besnard Lakes, "The Besnard Lakes Are the Dark Horse"
Bjork, "Volta" (shhhhhhh......)

2 comments:

gd said...

i was super disappointed on the first couple listens of Volta. but then again ive never been a huge bjork fanatic....

jay said...

I'm not really sure what I think of it yet either, and it's not particularly growing on me with repeated listenings. I guess I should have called this post the "albums I'm listening to most this week" list instead of "favorites".