Thursday, May 31, 2007

RANDOM MUSINGS FROM A PICNIC TABLE ON PINE STREET

-- After a manic spree of music and movie purchases, I haven't bought a new album or DVD in weeks. I did rent Old Joy (which I loved) and I have been listening to a lot of out-of-print albums I've downloaded from the "Collected Animals" site. The next new album I will probably buy is the new White Stripes, which from the leaked tracks I've heard, I'm pretty excited for. Who knows, maybe I'll even buy it off of iTunes now that they've finally started selling DRM-free, 256kbps mp3s. But I doubt it.

-- So with the money I've been saving from not raiding PurePop every week, I've been investing instead on gadgets to make my own music. Here are some of my new toys--

FENDER TWIN REVERB RE-ISSUE



I've been dealing with a little Fender JAM amp for too long, so I sold some prized possessions on eBay & bought my first real amplifier. I bought it used so it's a little knicked up & missing the footpedal and one of the volume knobs, but it still sounds great.

ELECTRO-HARMONIX OCTAVE MULTIPLEXER



A fun little pedal that makes my twangy Fender Telecaster sound worthy of playing the slap bass theme song from "Seinfeld". Maybe this gadget is jazzy enough to get me back into the "The LeDuo (Septet)"....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOH, that Electro Harmonix pedal looks like the shit. I love their stuff...

jay said...

I do too...my next big purchase will be the EH Tube Zipper...or maybe a DLS RotoSim. If only I had money...