Saturday, April 07, 2007

SAY HELLO TO MY NEW BABY

As a congratulatory gift to myself for landing my new job (and walking away from my crappy old one), I bought myself something that I've been wanting since I was twelve--my very first Fender Telecaster!


It's a Fender Koa Tele & I picked it up today at Advance Music (after trying nearly every Fender Tele model in the store). It's called a "Koa" because that is the name of the wood used for the body. It gives the guitar a really unique, vintage look, but what reall impressed me about this guitar is the tone. It has a great range, from jangly acoustic sounds to bluesy distortion. I wouldn't use it for metal, but that's not a style I play, so it's cool.

I'm off to play every song off of "Blonde on Blonde" now.... :)

8 comments:

the le duo said...

congrats on the new ax! i hate advanced music though...

jay said...

Uh oh....I hear a horror story coming...

the le duo said...

not one big story- just years of little things like shitty service & the fact that they wouldn't match the price i brought in even though their add said 'we'll match any price!' so sticks and the occasional drum head is all i buy there...

jay said...

That sucks; I've always been kind of mixed on their service, but they have a great selection and I like to buy local when I can.

It's interesting that they wouldn't price match; that's pretty shifty.

kingdomforavoice said...

Very nice guitar, the tele is an amazingly guitar. I'm often surprised at some of the bands that sport one in their lineup, it gets around musically.

gd said...

sweet axe dude.

you and ben h. should have a cool new guitar axe shredding noise duel!

Andrew said...

I bet the gold spray-painted strat is jealous. You should totally make them fight.

jay said...

LOL; the tele would kick Goldie's sissy ass!

However, the "Golden Axe" will have a special place in my instrument line-up--as the guitar that I put in all kinds of weird tunings & bash on the strings with random blunt objects.