Wednesday, April 04, 2007

SCENES FROM ALLEN'S LAST THREE DAYS ON EARTH AS A SPIRIT


For the Allen Ginsberg fans out there, here is a link to Jonas Mekas' video diary of the "days immediately before and after his death".

LINK TO UBUWEB VIDEO

As frail as he looks, he went out in style. When I'm about to bite the big one, you bastards better be there chanting for me, because you know I'd do it for you. And Greg needs to be there, because I'm damn sure going to want to hear some gonging on my way out.

Ok, that's the end of my morbidity for now.... :)

4 comments:

Andrew said...

With all due respect, that was a great video. Thanks.

I remember going to a memorial @ St. Marks Church, NYC in '97.

A couple of years later I went to St. Marks Church for Gregory Corso.

the le duo said...

that is a very powerful and beautiful document of a mans death. it's hard to believe its been ten years since allen ginsberg died- i was just getting into the beats at the time and didnt understand the effect that he would one day have on my life.

'america i've given you all and now i'm nothing'

jb

gd said...

in the news: 'famous blog author jay of spitting out teeth fame dies a slowly induced gong death'

jay said...

Can't think of a better way to go!